West Tower Fletching and Crafts
Considering commissioning me for a custom set of arrows? Here is my price list for the usual custom options.
If you have additional ideas not listed here (gradient stain/paint, alternative tips, painted designs) message me to talk. Simple arrows can be finished a week after I recieve the supplies. Fancier arrows take longer. Shipping to you is not included in the prices.
Please note that ensuring the correct spine weight is ultimately the archer’s responsibility. If you are uncertain, talk to an archery marshal (SCA folks) or visit a local archery shop for advice.
Also note that shaft diameter, tip weight, and fletch profile & length are matters of personal preference.
Prices of arrow supplies have increased recently. Part of the reason is that, since commercial turkey feather quality had decreased, full-length feathers have gotten shorter. Shafting prices have also increased. I wish I could afford to buy in bulk, but I can’t, so I’m going to have to increase the base price of my arrows. I refuse to sell arrows with fletches at wonky angles and nocks that aren’t properly aligned with the grain (I received some of those before I started making my own arrows). If a fletch comes out of the fletching jig weird, I strip it off and re-do it. It costs time, but giving a customer something that is not up to my standards is unacceptable. I base my prices on a $10 per hour rate (price sheet coming soon). If the total supply cost for a dozen arrows (including shipping to me) is about $75, you can see how my previous price of $85 for a dozen arrows might not be adequate compensation.
Send me a message if you are interested in commissioning me.
What I need to know: the options you want, what colors you’d like (highly customizable), desired shaft spine weight, tip weight (in grains), desired arrow length, desired shaft diameter, desired fletch shape, desired fletch colors, desired fletch length, and anything else you want or any questions you have.
Base Price ———————————————- $95 per dozen arrows
- Port-Orford cedar is standard. Ask for other woods (other options may be more or less expensive).
- un-decorated shaft
- cut to your specified length
- three solid color fletches up to
- plastic nocks installed
- field points installed
- sealed shafts
Weight Matched ———————————— + $5 per dozen arrows
- +/- 5 grains
- Port-Orford cedar only (I can’t afford to buy in bulk)
Barred Fletches ————————————- $3.75 per dozen fletches
Shaft Stain/Paint ———————————- $10 per dozen arrows
- paint is usually acrylic because of cost and more historical look
- lots of options for stains
Crowning Paint ————————————— $5 per dozen arrows
- single color ———————————————- $10 per dozen arrows
- each additional color —————————— + $3 per dozen arrows
Self Nocks ————————————————- $15 per dozen arrows
Thread Wrapped Fletches ——————- $30 per dozen arrows
- synthetic, linen, or artificial sinew
- silk ———————————————————— + $4 per dozen arrows
Fletch Splicing —————————————- $2 single spliced fletching per dozen fletches
- multiple splices on one fletch ————— $3 per additional splice (for a dozen fletches)
- example: cock feather with four splices = + $11 to total price for the dozen arrows